A Brief is a set of instructions for the influencers, to understand the campaign objectives are, what he should and shouldn’t do in terms of content, as well as valuable information regarding the brand and the campaign. The Brief is the foundation of any influencer marketing campaign and also contains information about deliverables and rewards.
To create a new Brief follow these steps:
- Either click on the grey “Create Brief” text at the top or the “Add your first Brief” button in the middle area.
- You will get to a new screen, where you will need to give details for this specific Brief.
- Add a Brief name (for example McDonalds – Fantastic Summer 2021).
- Add a Brief description – talk about the requirements of the theme, types of content that need to be created. Other details, such as posts, duration, payment, etc. are addressed in specific fields.
- Select a Brief duration. Remember – you can have a campaign duration and shorter Briefs within that. Or you can have 1 campaign duration that matches the 1 Brief duration – it’s up to you and your preferences/needs.
- Add things that are allowed and not allowed, 1 element per line. Think in terms of how to show the products, what not to do with them, how they should be portrayed and other things that are important to be taken into consideration.
- Next, you need to add your Campaign hashtags. These allow you to be able to track results, so make sure to add at least 2, one being unique for this campaign (for example #mcdfantasticsummer2021).
- The Campaign hashtags field is mandatory, but you also have a field for mentioning an Instagram account and tagging and Instagram account. You can also fill these in or leave them blank.
- Next up – rewards. How do you want to reward the influencers for creating content? You have 4 options: Paid (select a currency and an amount, as well as a description), Vouchers (description mentioning a value), Product Sampling (description explaining what products and what value) or Custom (description of what you’ll provide them, that doesn’t exist in the other categories, such as a free ticket to an event). You can select just one or multiple options.
- The final step for a Brief is to add details about what type of content you want each influencer to create. Ideally, you would create a deliverables Brief for a Post, one for a Story and another for something else – such as Reel. You can create as many deliverable Briefs as you want. Just be aware that more pieces of content = more rewards needed.
- Once you’re happy with everything for the Brief, click on “Create Brief”.
You can assign multiple Briefs to multiple groups of influencers. For example, you can have the campaign duration set to 1 month. But 4 different themes, each one lasting a week. You would create a general campaign description, then 1 Brief for each week. That would mean you would assign 4 weekly Briefs to the same group of influencers.
But you can also assign 1 weekly Brief (for example) to a different creator group, depending on your needs.
Now that you’ve created your Brief, it’s time to find your desired influencers and assign/send them the Brief. Let’s look at that final step in its own support article.
See all of the Creator Campaigns support articles in their dedicated section.